Sunday, February 12, 2012

Does your Brand or Community Give Your Customers the Power to Create and Share?

People want to create and share. That's a natural instinct we are born with. We want to conquer. We like the challenge of doing something we, or even better, no one, has done before. And then share it with others.

My son, who just turned one, will scan any surrounding he is in to find where he can go, where he has never gone before. Better yet, if he can find a tool or object that will help him reach his goal, he will use it. If he is trying to reach an object like a T-shirt, etc... he will do whatever it takes to get it and then he will bring it to me so I can see what he found.

Let me give you another example, this time from one of my own most useful daily technology solutions, my Galaxy Nexus Android Phone.



When I first got my new phone I was excited to try the new interface, but the latest feature which has caught my attention is the Panoramic Picture feature. Here are a few examples of the Panoramic pictures I've taken most recently.




I'm so excited about this feature, that I already came up with several different use cases for me to pull out my Panoramic Pic feature next: the focus group I'm conducting on Tuesday, the mountains behind my home, my wife's MBA graduation, etc...

The Panoramic Pic feature allows me to create pictures that most people don't have the ability to create. Plus, it allows me to easily share the pic with anyone. Showcasing my creation.

I invite Brands and Communities to ask themselves the following question: How does my Brand or Community help my consumers create and share?

No comments:

Post a Comment